School Captains 2018
Fulham North Primary School has a tradition of appointing female and male captains each year. School Captains are chosen by the principal, senior school students and staff each year following consideration of all year 7 students against the following criteria:
- Leadership – responsibility, reliability, initiative, self-confidence and respect by peers
- Example – appropriate behaviour, common sense, curtesy and wearing uniform
- Public Speaking – articulate delivery, confidence and presence
- Relationships – relates well to all children of all ages and adults
- School Values – demonstrated ability to consistently live our school values
Students interested in this role are involved in a very detailed and extensive selection process at the beginning of each school year.
Luka, Robert, Ella and Anjali
SRC (Student Representative Committee)
The Enviro Kids are a group of 6 to 8 students who have a variety of roles around the school. These include:
- Being responsible for the school garden beds. They are required to help plant, maintain and harvest vegetables for Giant Soup and Salad Day. They also help organise and serve students on these days.
- Students are required for planting and watering of trees around the school.
- Promoting recycling throughout the school including educating students on the difference between rubbish, recyclables and compost materials and ensuring that bins provided are used correctly.
- Speaking regularly at assemblies to help educate and remind students about important environmental issues.
- Promoting Nude Food Day which occurs once each term.
To become a member of the Enviro Kids leadership group students in Upper Primary are required to apply and demonstrate the school values at all times.